
I've tried not to fall in love with some of your products. Like Bath & Body, you're a fickle one when it comes to products I love. B&B discontinued my beloved Iced Pineapple line years ago and they lost a customer. Well, they probably would have lost me anyway - that store is an arsenal of over-eager employees and olfactory overload. No, I do not want a mesh tote or a spritz of Almond Cookie leads to Nookie (x3).
Now Joe's...ah Joe's. You've given the India Relish AND the Red Mole sauce the heave-ho. "Slow sales, not enough shelf space" you say. I say, Have you ever added that crack, er India Relish to stir fry? Hello???? So while I have yet try to duplicate the India Relish - I have tried my hand at the mole and phoooey on you. Mine rocks.
Here's a recipe for something like the India Relish....
1 tb mild vegetable oil
1/2 ts mustard seeds
1 1/2 tb slivered garlic
1/2 ts tumeric
1 t cayenne pepper
1/2 ts sea salt
5 medium ripe tomatoes, blanched, peeled and chopped
1/4 c distilled white vinegar
Heat oil in a medium sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add mustard and garlic. Cook, stirring, until mixture starts to brown. About 4 minutes.
Add tumeric, cayenne, salt and tomatoes. Stir and cook for 2 minutes. Add vinegar and bring to a boil. Reduce heat, cover, and simmer until thick. About 10 minutes. Spoon into clean jars and seal.
Makes 3/4 cup
**recipe courtesy of another India Relish fan on the TJ website.
1 comment:
I love Trader Joe's too. I couldn't live without it really.
Post a Comment