Spent a fine afternoon making the trek to Mossbrae Falls in Dunsmuir. On the way up I received word that an old friend had passed away this morning - spent the rest of the drive thinking about him and the circumstances (which as of yet, I still do not know), thinking about the friends I will see next weekend when we gather. Got to the train tracks in Dunsmuir and began our walk...and we walked, and we walked...we walked past the trail to the falls. We walked on for another 1/2 mile or so and figured since there was no one else behind us any longer - was a sign that we had missed the trail. Walking back from the falls...my head down in many thoughts...concentrating on each step so as not to fall on the shale....I passed another person I knew...but it didn't register until after the fact....and the one thing, that seemed so obvious...and inevitable was the passing of a train...which never came.
2 comments:
The train never came. But we were there as the passing happened around us. Sometimes that's all one can do--stand on some tracks and feel the coming ... and going ... of things.
gorgeous pics, a place I must visit someday
Post a Comment