Thursday, June 19, 2008

Running Without Leashes

During my morning walk - Kim and I encountered quite the flagrant man in red & black flannel with 3 hyped up canines.

We huff and puff (or I did anyway) up the hill on Sonoma...begin to pass a driveway where this very giddy golden lab bounds toward us. A man darts into view from behind an open SUV door. Man says (with horrified expression) "She's friendly!" The golden lab is bouncy and goofy...the man says "Fuck! Fucking Dog. God damn it"...Canine numero dos runs out to greet us, then a 3rd in the cluster 'o canines runs out with leash trailing behind. The man erupts into rapid fire of F Bombs again "FUCK. Fuckin' dogs...Bessie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...Oh fuck it! Fuckin' go! Fuck dog. Bessie!!!!!!!!!!!!" Bessie, -a white and tan freckled number runs up to Kim and me. I try to get a hold of her collar which simply comes off her neck; and Bessie leaps into the yard next door. The man spins around in his driveway grasping for the dog collar and leash...3 dogs happily jumping, running and teasing him and the man will have none of it. I think the early morning visit to the dog park has KIBOSH written all over it. Kim and I walk on...laughing hysterically...our pace is shit now...we're laughing too much. "oh fuck, fuckity fuck, fuck's sake!" Somebody get the poor man a cup of coffee...and all those F Bombs before 6 a.m. Poor dogs.

No comments: