
Rolled out of bed this morning with 45 minutes to meet a client at 6:45. Get to the house where the dog greets me with a toothy grin..."come on lady, I dare ya to enter my yard.." In Amberland, logic says that the client will surely hear the dog and come out to meet me. We've got 15 minutes to be where we need to be after all. Amberland logic crashes and burns once again. My county key card doesn't allow me into the building until 7:30. What to do - meet up with the Friday morning Breakfast Club where it turns out to be just 3 of us. Dave buys me breakfast and we voice our frustrations about the current state of services which are quickly diminishing for our clients. Today, I still have a job. I roll south once again to meet my 8:30 peeps - but I want more coffee...so a quick duck into A-Town Sbux where they give me a free Americano is a nice gesture. 8:30 says out of nowhere..."well I can certainly say that my life has significantly improved since you came into it" A reminder that what I do for a living is measurable in ways that I forget. Lunch is an impromptu meet up with dear friend on her way to Sacramento. We talk about certain prospects in Santa Fe. We are both concerned that if friend makes it to the Zozobra Festival that it could be a huge let down - - as I have perfected what I think Zozobra sounds like. Kidding of course, but we laugh until we cry. We are both summer babies - so we talk about past birthday road trips and come to the conclusion that one in particular should become tradition. She is the "mystic after all". Connection. It's 1pm and I haven't set foot in the office yet, but I've accomplished a lot. I'm not chained to a desk. Dave and "Notorious" are waiting for me in the lobby. I give them a tour of the office, sign a form for Dave and check my messages. I've got one more person to see before I blow this popsicle stand for the day. I made it to Friday.
today we're a-okay!
No comments:
Post a Comment