Sunday, May 11, 2008

Crashing Mother's Day

Hmmm......what shall I do today, she asks......

And there you have it!
This is the first Mother's Day in 3 years that I haven't traveled up to Portland to spend it with my mom. No meandering the NW district, no free scones in City Park, no stroll through the Rose Garden taking a look at all the past Queen of the Rose Festival names...so I'm not sure who is more bummed actually. ; )
Instead, I crashed Mother's Day. Stop one was breakfast with friends - pancakes from scratch, strawberries and French pressed coffee...6 year old Lillee danced for me (I called it Asian-free form-tai chi something or other) before we lounged in the hammock like two little tamales and played "I Spy". Then I hopped on my scooter and went over to my old place to show the Jackson's my newest mode of transportation. I still have not perfected my turns...so each ride is nerve racking and exhilerating simultaneously. Later in the day I dumped my kayak at Boulder Creek Falls and I thought that I would have had better chances dumping the scooter. The water was freezing but I was trying to salvage my backpack that was drenched (phone included). I was certrain that my phone was DOA since it did not turn on for a few hours afterward. One by one - - features returned - but I still do not have any ring tones. Luckily, I was able to pull up these pictures and include them in this post.

No comments: