What a long day. Wednesdays are always long so I say this as point of fact rather than a complaint. Steve and I mapped out the morning over coffee and on to the homeless camps we trodded. Enclosed is a picture of the remains of a camp. I've come across what I call "40 Graveyards" before - a recyclers paradise....dozens of empty 40 ounce bottles in a pile. The most disturbing part of this encounter wasn't the mess...but on a more personal level...it happened to be mere yards away from my grandmother's house. I've warned her about taking walks behind her house before. Like me, my grandmother almost always pulls for the underdog - so happening upon a camp wouldn't scare her so much as prompt her to offer coffee and conversation. Later in the day I had to go up to Oak Run to validate a 3 day notice. As I left the scene in the woods...I backed up (County vehicle) into a boulder. (fine...it was a ginormous decorative rock...whatever)...fabulous. I got out of the car and the man in the garage came out and gave a yuk yuk chuckle "...heh heh, everybody does that". I can hardly imagine why I wasn't warned.
I looked before I backed up...I saw NOTHING. I usually learn life's lessons in reverse...but learn I do. A few "Cita factoids:
- I always take tests from end to beginning
- I read the newspaper from the end of sections to the front page
- I deconstruct my food
- Undies go on last...(I'm a skirt girl, it's hardly inconvenient) o-wise...Peace, Love, & Freeballers!
- I will most likely gain dual citizenship prior to learning Italian
That's all for now. I'll take the the extra care not to back into any more rocks...instead, I'll be diving off of them in Yosemite this time next week.
Tally 'Ho!
-a
1 comment:
bummer dent....I say the rock jumped right out behind ya...that's my story and I'm stickin to it
notorious
Post a Comment