Friday, May 2, 2008

Wit's End - This a Way

Every single cliche about perserverence is a laughing stock today. A friend once gave me a box of matches that said this on the outside "My candle burns at both ends; it will not last the night; but ah, my foes, and oh, my friends - it gives a lovely light!' -Edna St. Vincent Millay. My mom's favorite poet, funny enough. My reserves are empty and while I know I can eeck out just a bit more, I'm tired and know that things could be horribly worse. Trying to move ahead with goals and 'tap tap tap' ahem, the IRS wants more money. New Order's 'Thieves Like Us' is my mantra today...vocal and instrumental...and yes, there is an appropriate timeframe to mourn...be back when it is complete.
-a

3 comments:

Keith said...

I will read from anyone who would quote fro0m Adrienne Rich. You write well. I love your thought. Thgank you for the blog.

Anonymous said...

thank you keith...read away! also, i see that you frequent the hope van...make sure mom and rob treat you right! hang in! -a

Anonymous said...

..ooops, that would be momo and rob.